Ramco Power Analytics
Unleash the ‘Power’ to Optimize & Effectively Manage Your Assets.
As a Power Generation company, you have to continually address challenges arising from fuel shortage, rising fuel prices, ageing workforce, ageing assets, environmental & climate-based regulations, stringent tariff regulations and ambitious capacity addition targets. In this complex and fast-changing environment, you need to take timely and accurate decisions to consistently enhance operational efficiency, optimize costs and add new capacity while operating in a safe & environment friendly manner.
This requires fast and precise insights into data for informed decision making. For achieving this, business leaders need tools that enable them to foresee potential opportunities & threats, and formulate strategies to deal with them proactively. Ramco Power Analytics is a comprehensive business analytics tool, designed to address the unique requirements of Power Generation companies and enable decision makers to do all this, and more.
Built on Ramco Decision Works suite, this revolutionary business analytics platform provides a 360 degree view of your organization’s performance and empowers you with critical insights into the key performance indicators to ‘Measure, Monitor and Manage’ your business goals and growth.
Ramco Power Analytics ensures cross functional alignment of people, process and technology across multiple perspectives like EPC (Engineering, Procurement and Construction) Projects, Plant Operations, Maintenance, Finance, Procurement, Inventory and Human Capital Management. Drawing data scattered in your various transactional and real-time process control systems (PLC/DCS/SCADA) into a data warehouse and coupling it with the right tools, the product enables better and faster decisions by revealing patterns, trends, relationships and, most importantly, hidden opportunities for improvement. It, thereby, ensures that your power plants can perform at optimum efficiency in a sustainable manner by leveraging the instant information and intelligent analytics provided by the system.
Ramco Power Analytics is a ready-to-deploy product with a rich repository of pre-built KPIs and analytics for Power Generation business. It is easy to implement in the shortest possible time. Here is an overview of the solution that allows you an all round view of Power Generation business performance.
Cross-Functional Business Performance Management
Measure, Monitor, Manage and Analyze your Power Generation KPIs.
Ramco Power Analytics application comes with pre-configured KPIs to enable you to track achievement of goals (management by objective) at various levels in the organization—from corporate headquarters to the departments within the plant. The solution facilitates cascading of KPIs across strategic, tactical and operational layers of your business. You can establish cause-effect relationship between KPIs to visualize correlation between events. You can also use powerful and dynamic multi-dimensional analysis to facilitate versatile querying and drilldowns. The solution also supports standard performance management & analysis frameworks like Balanced Scorecard & Strategy Map.
- Get notified via automated, rule driven alerts through e-mail and mobile devices and make well-informed, timely decisions (management by exception).
- Leverage the powerful and flexible interactive graphics engine of the application that enables data visualizations to aid instant decision making.
- Map KPIs and establish cause-effect relationship between them to visualize correlation between events.
Power Plant Operations Analytics
Ensure Optimized Generation. Safe & Reliable Power.
The data for Power Plant Operations is often scattered across control rooms, log books and process control systems like DCS, SCADA and PLC, or operations management systems. With Ramco’s Power Plant Operations Analytics, you can get a holistic view of the Power Plant Operations on a single platform. Besides giving a cockpit view of plant operations, it equips you with analytical tools to analyze the root cause, trends, patterns, and correlations in the subjects of Capacity Utilization, Fuel Efficiency, River Inflow, Unit Selection, Auxiliary Consumption, Outages & Reliability, Safety Health & Environment, Capex Utilization, Unscheduled Interchange Charge Analysis, and so on. To illustrate, imagine if Operations Head had the instant access to answers on his iPad or Desktop to key questions like: Was the Fuel Cost high due to higher fuel consumed, or higher price, or higher taxation, or higher freight charges, or high transit loss? What is the correlation? Based on the current utilization level, what is the forecasted Capex utilization for the full financial year? Which of the oldest plants (e.g., plants older than 20 years) have been showing fastest PLF decline owing to unplanned outages caused by equipment failures?
- Get a snapshot view of the Power Plant Operations on a single platform.
- Get instant and well-evaluated answers to key questions and take informed decisions, on-the-fly.
- Leverage the analytical tools to analyze and ascertain the root cause, trends, patterns, and correlations in the subjects of Capacity Utilization, Fuel Efficiency, River Inflow, and so on.
Mitigate Project Risks. Improve Overall Project Performance.
Ramco’s Project Management Analytics gives you a 360 degree view of EPC project performance, encompassing in-depth analysis of budgets, cost, schedule, profitability, supply chain, human resources and sub-contracting. You can analyze and reduce delays due to shortage of material & equipment by analyzing core project management activities and its correlation with Materials Management, Purchase, Sub Contracting, and Shipping & Transportation. You can get deeper insights into cash flows, and cost & schedule variances to access the likelihood of project success and take the necessary course of corrections.
- Enhance visibility into project costs and variances for improved cost management and project profitability.
- Establish complete visibility over project cash flows.
- Perform integrated and project specific analysis of the effectiveness of supply chain based on parameters like stock ageing, vendor performance and purchase efficiency, to optimize the project supply chain.
Asset & Maintenance Analytics
Reliable Assets for Reliable Power.
With the integration of IT-OT (Operational Technology) and implementation of Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) and Computerized Maintenance Management Software (CMMS) systems, your Power Plant Assets invariably generate a huge amount of condition monitoring and maintenance data. Ramco Maintenance/Asset Analytics helps you process and analyze this raw data in a timely fashion to make informed decisions related to asset maintenance, repairs and upgrades. This would help in reducing unplanned outages, optimize maintenance strategies, improve capacity utilization and asset reliability while reducing maintenance costs.
- Effectively analyze condition monitoring and maintenance data generated by EAM and CMMS systems.
- Analyze Plant Failures, Reliability & Work Orders from diverse perspectives to effectively judge where to focus Maintenance efforts.
- Understand where your maintenance effort is going by thoroughly analyzing Maintenance Work Orders’ cost and effort. Identify opportunities to reduce cost & improve efficiency.
Proactively Comply with Reporting Needs of Regulatory Bodies.
Be it compliance to Emission Regulations or Occupational Health & Safety or CSR Initiatives, now you no longer need to compile information across plants and manually validate it for accuracy. You can automate the entire process by deploying Ramco Power Analytics. It not only helps you easily submit the statutory regulatory reports but also alerts you about the exceptions and provides insight to improve the compliance level and your social obligations, pro-actively.
- Automate the entire process of MIS generation including data collection from Real-Time Systems, transfer from plants to head-quarters, cleansing, aggregation & report preparation in the desired format.
- Easily and instantly transmit the MIS Reports to Regulatory / Statutory Bodies, electronically.
- Respond to ad-hoc business queries from regulatory bodies or other stakeholders while on the move.
Smart Insights into Data that Really Matters.
The application contains KPIs and various analyses tools that can help you assess the financial health of the enterprise. The solution provides in-depth analysis of Cost of Generation from multiple perspectives—from drill-downs and lowest cost drivers to correlation with other parameters and features to perform ‘What-If’ analysis to study the sensitivity of cost to other variables and thereby helping you identify opportunities to reduce per unit cost. Additionally, it provides in depth querying facility to ascertain financial ratios, perform Cost-Profitability analysis at Division / Organization Unit / Cost Center levels; analyze and forecast cash flows; view the status of Working Capital, Receivables and Payables ageing, Budget Variances, and so on.
The versatile Analysis Workbench allows analyzing the financial figures in light of all the relevant organizational attributes like cost center and finance book, and allows you to track financial trends over time. This can be done at aggregate levels while allowing drill-down to the transactions.
- Thoroughly assess the financial health of your enterprise through in depth querying facility.
- Track financial trends over time and optimize cost of generation.
- Make proactive financial strategies to augment profits.
Ensure 100% Inventory Integrity.
Establishing methods and mechanisms to ensure inventory control can be a pain unless you have access to a dashboard view of stock positions across multiple sources/locations. With Ramco Inventory Analytics you can gain complete visibility across disparate inventory locations. The solution presents stock positions across warehouses; Stock movement, over time, are presented under various stock attributes, classifications and addresses in the warehouse in terms of stock counts as well as monetary value. The transactional analysis feature of the module provides information on receipts, consumption, transfers and trends statistics. Age of stock and stores service level KPIs are additional areas of analysis that can be leveraged.
Ramco Inventory Analytics enables you to gain critical insights into the real situation of your inventory at the click of a few buttons so that you are able to perform necessary audits in time and ensure 100% inventory integrity at the organization level.
- Optimize inventory control like never before.
- Gain complete visibility across disparate inventory locations.
- Assess stock positions across warehouses and that of stock in transit.
For Prudent Spend Analysis.
A penny saved is considered to be a penny earned, especially when it comes to making purchases for the business. A procurement analytics tool can prove to be of immense value in helping you optimize your procurement-related decisions. Ramco’s Procurement Analytics module is the most effective purchase analyzer that offers you many features to analyze purchase trends and view valuable procurement related statistics to ensure that you are able to maintain the lowest possible procurement costs and prevent unnecessary cash out flow.
The solution provides comprehensive view of the complete Procure-to-Pay cycle. You can analyze and track purchases from the requisition stage through ordering, receipt and invoicing. Analysis can be done based on parameters such as Item classifications, Buyers, Suppliers, Organizational Units, Order Priorities and Classifications for purchase quantity, Order Values, Lead time over procurement stages, Price Variances and trends. The solution enables critical Insights into spend patterns, variances with allocated budgets, supplier performance ratings and service level indicators.
- Optimize your procurement decisions.
- Have access to valuable insights related to complete Procure-to-Pay cycle.
- Analyze purchase trends effectively. Maintain lowest possible procurement costs. Prevent unnecessary cash outflow.
Hire Right. Retain Right. Optimize Man-MW Ratio.
The key decision making information around Human Capital Management (HCM) function revolves around staffing and distribution, mainly pertaining to head count and Full-time equivalent/FTE analysis. Ramco HCM Analytics has all the features to serve as an aide and enable prudent human capital management.
With Ramco HCM Analytics, you can perform elaborate head count and FTE analysis based on resource demographics, skills and competencies, qualifications, jobs positions and grade sets, and overall organization structure. The module allows you to map actuals against budgeted headcounts; FTE trends over time can also be analyzed. The solution also facilitates many other HCM analyses related to compensation, recruitment, grievances management, resource trainings, appraisals, Attendance Reporting System (ARS) and leave management and employee separation.
- Make informed and prudent HR decisions based on detailed head count and FTE analysis.
- Effectively map actuals against budgeted headcounts; gauge FTE trends.
- Have an end-to-end view of the effectiveness of your HR strategies.