Ramco Systems Q2 order booking stood at USD 29.56mn; up 15% QoQ
Average deal size increases; Eight 'million dollar plus' deals signed; Payroll led HR emerges as the largest business unit; Asia continues to rule the roost with newer geographies showing great promise
Chennai, India – October 31, 2018: Ramco Systems (BSE - 532370, NSE – RAMCOSYS); a global enterprise software company focusing on enterprise cloud platform, products and services, today announced the results for the second quarter of 2018-19.
For the half year ended September 30, 2018 (H1: 2018-19), global consolidated income of Ramco Systems Limited stood at USD 38.85m (Rs 262.5cr – up 14% YoY in rupee terms) as compared to USD 35.89m (Rs 230.0cr), in the same period last year. The net profit after tax for the period, stood at USD 1.57m (Rs. 10.6cr) as against USD 0.55m (Rs 3.5cr) in the same period, last year.
For the quarter ended September 30, 2018 (Q2: 2018-19), global consolidated income stood at USD 19.51m (Rs 134.8cr) and the net profit after tax for the quarter, stood at USD 0.55m (Rs.3.9cr).
Financial highlights – Q2:
- Eight ‘million-dollar-plus’ deals were added in the quarter
- Order bookings in Q2 stood at USD 29.56mn up 15% QoQ
- Unexecuted order book stood at USD 161mn
- EBIDTA stands at 20% in Q2
Geography highlights – Q2:
- Revenue from markets outside India stood at 79%
- Asia (excluding India) continues to be a dominant market contributing 30% to the overall revenue; Further to successful run in Philippines and Indonesia, identifies Vietnam as the next key market
Business highlights – Q2:
- Focus offerings make up 94% of net new orders – strategy to focus on key offerings paying off
- HCM clocks highest ever revenue in a quarter; becomes largest business unit (within the organization) contributing 43% of overall revenue
- Payroll led HCM continues to dominate with Managed Services seeing good traction
- Logistics revenue set to grow steadily with projects beginning to go-live
- Cost of delivery saw an increase as multiple projects required onsite implementation efforts and local hiring mandated due to U.S Defense contracts
- For second year in a row, Ramco HCM named in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Cloud HCM Suites
Commenting on the results, P.R. Venketrama Raja, Chairman, Ramco Systems, said, “We are making rapid progress towards leveraging Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning in enterprise applications. The future is all about moving from a passive ERP era to an Active ERP where systems understand, predict and suggest based on past transactions. At Ramco, this is the next big wave of innovation which we are deploying with select few clients in Australia and USA. Our focus on Innovation continues to be the key differentiator driving Fortune companies and large conglomerates to trust Ramco.”