Ramco Systems records highest ever revenues in Q3 2018
Revenue grows 9% QoQ basis in INR terms; Six 'million-dollar-plus' deals signed; HCM clocks revenue close to USD 10Mn in Q3 - highest since launch
Chennai, India – January 28, 2019: Ramco Systems (BSE - 532370, NSE – RAMCOSYS); a global enterprise software company focusing on enterprise cloud platform, products and services, today announced the results for the third quarter of 2018-19.
For the quarter ended December 31, 2018 (Q3: 2018-19), global consolidated income of Ramco Systems Limited stood at USD 20.34m (Rs 145.50cr). The revenue of USD 20.07m translated to USD 21.03m on constant currency terms (Constant Currency is measured by applying the exchange rates of the corresponding periods of the last financial year). The Q3 net loss after tax stood at USD 0.46m (Rs.2.97cr) which was adversely impacted on account of Forex losses of USD 1.75m.
Financial highlights – Q3:
- Six ‘million-dollar-plus’ deals were added in the quarter
- Order bookings in Q3 stood at USD 29.17m
- Unexecuted order book stood at USD 168m
- EBIDTA for the quarter stood at 20% (without Forex impact)
Geography highlights – Q3:
- Revenue from markets outside India stood at 80%
- Asia (excluding India) continues to be the largest contributor with new markets (Philippines, Indonesia, Vietnam) continuing to build good traction
- Australia adds marquee clients including one of the largest telecom operator in ANZ choosing Ramco for its Payroll operations
Business highlights – Q3:
- HCM clocks historically highest ever revenue in a quarter, recording close to USD 10mn in revenue making up close to 50% of the overall company revenue
- Defense-led MRO emerging as a potential segment for Aviation business; wins order from a leading adversary air (ADAIR) services provider to the U.S. Defense Forces, to manage its fleet of fighter aircraft used for highly complex training fleet and Defense contract requirements
- New Logistics projects begin to go-live across markets
- After entering Gartner Magic Quadrant for Cloud Financials, HCM and EAM, Ramco becomes the only APAC vendor to be positioned in Gartner Magic Quadrant for Cloud ERP for Product-Centric Midsize Enterprises
Commenting on the results, P.R. Venketrama Raja, Chairman, Ramco Systems, said, “Over the last few years, we have been focused on building fewer but mightier suite of offerings which can compete in the global market. This strategic move has helped us grow both our mind share and business thus resulting in better operations. We are glad to share that this quarter, we recorded our highest revenue ever. We will continue to be an organization that thrives on leveraging Innovation to help clients stay ahead of others in their line of business.”
The future of Enterprise applications is moving from passive to an active and intelligent infused ERP era where systems understand the user, the context, and auto suggest actions based on past trends or pattern. The infusion of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) is all set to change the way enterprise applications have been used by organizations. At Ramco, we have started building AI and ML powered enterprise use cases around discrepancy reporting, outlier or anomaly detection, intuitively recommending actions as well as predicting events such as faults or failures. Some of the early use cases are being piloted with clients in Australia and United States.
On the User Interface front, multiple initiatives such as chat and voice bots are being built to help organizations move towards an era of Zero UI. On the Bots front, in addition to transactional bots which help users carry out self-service transactions like leave, claims, travel request and so on; Ramco also launched Policy Bots. Ramco Chia Bot for Policy is an organization specific bot which answers queries around organizational policies such as insurance policy, travel policy, leave policy and so on.