This privacy notice explains why Ramco Systems Limited collects information about you, and how that information may be used.
As a data controller, Ramco has fair processing responsibilities under the GDPR. This means ensuring that your personally identifiable information (PII) is handled in ways that are safe, transparent and what you would reasonably expect. According to the GDPR it is important that data subjects are made aware of, and understand the way their PII is processed and that they have an opportunity to object if they so wish and that they know how to do so.
Types of Information we collect
This privacy notice covers the information you share with us and/or which may be acquired or produced by Ramco Systems Limited, its subsidiaries and its affiliates directly from you as you use our services, or provided by you when you visit our website or our social media pages as well as information that is collected during events organized by Ramco. For the purposes mentioned in this Privacy Notice, we collect the following groups of data of you:
Your basic identification and contact details: This may include for example your name, company, official address, telephone number, email address and any other information that you provide us.
Your account information: You provide us information when visiting our corporate website or any of the social media pages. This may include for example your name, company, official address, telephone number, email address and any other information that you provide us.
Information about your customer relationship with Ramco: We collect personal data when you purchase our products and services. This data may include for example information about your previous purchases of Ramco products and services, your billing information, information about Ramco events you have participated in, and feedback you have given us.
Information from Other Sources: We may obtain additional information about you by using your email address, or other information, to directly, or through one or more services, search over the internet, or elsewhere. We thereby obtain information that appears to be related to such email address or other information, such as a name, age, company and position. This helps us to update, expand and analyze our records, identify new customers, and provide products and services that may be of interest to you
Purpose of Processing
The personal data you provide will be used for marketing our services to you if you have expressed interest in any of our products or services or in order to record, support and facilitate your participation in the knowledge development activities of your choice carried out by the organization.
How we use information on you depends on why the information was originally collected. To give you an idea of how we process personal data, we have included some examples below. For more detailed information, please see our topic specific privacy notices.
In general, we tend to use your personal data especially for the following purposes:
- to sell products and services to you;
- to provide customer support for sold goods or services;
- to conduct surveys, marketing events
- to secure and optimize the website experience;
- to provide marketing communication;
- to facilitate participation in knowledge development activities like webinars and to provide access to resources like whitepapers and product literature
Who has Access to the data?
We use third parties, such as service providers, and partners to collect, and process personal data on our behalf. Such service providers are only allowed to process your personal data to the extent necessary for them to provide the service we have requested from them. As a main rule, they are not allowed to use your personal data for the benefit of their own business.
In order to protect your privacy, we require that all our service providers keep the personal data we provide them confidential and adequately secure. They are also required to abide by data processing agreements and applicable data protection legislation.
Additionally, Ramco may disclose and transfer your personal data within the Ramco group of companies.
As Ramco is a global group of companies with affiliates and service providers both within the European Union and outside of it, your personal data may be transferred outside the European Union. The countries to which your data is transferred may not provide the same level of data protection as your home country. Despite this, when transferring personal data to foreign countries, we will always look after its safety by ensuring that there is a legal basis for the transfer and that applicable laws governing data transfers are followed.
For additional information about the third parties who have access to your data or data transfer to overseas locations you may contact our privacy office
How long will the data be retained?
We store personal data only as long as is necessary to fulfil our rights and obligations related to the data. However, as these rights and obligations vary from one processing situation to another, we provide more information on such storage times in the topic specific privacy notices.
Once personal data is no longer necessary, we delete it or anonymize it as soon as possible
How do we maintain the confidentiality of your records?
We are committed to protecting your privacy and will only use information collected lawfully in accordance with the GDPR.
All of our staff, contractors and committee members receive appropriate and on-going training to ensure they are aware of their personal responsibilities and have contractual obligations to uphold confidentiality, enforceable through disciplinary procedures. Only a limited number of authorised staff have access to personal information both electronic as well as physical where it is appropriate to their role and is strictly on a need-to-know basis.
Ramco has also implemented a range of internal controls that provide structure to how data is stored, managed, transmitted and ultimately destroyed.
Who are our partner organisations?
We may share your information with selected third parties who support us with the marketing process, subject to strict agreements on how it will be used. The following are examples of the types of organisations that we are likely to share information with as part of the marketing process: vendors who support in DB Procurement, Validation & Cleansing and Marketing Platform providers where Campaigns are promoted.
Data Subject Rights
You may exercise the following rights in relation to your candidate data:
- The right to be informed: This privacy notice gives you transparency on how Ramco Systems Limited processes and handles your personal data. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The right of access: You are allowed anytime and free of charge to access your personal data so that you are aware of and can verify the lawfulness of the processing. Information will be provided without delay and at the latest within one month of receipt.
- The right to rectification: You are entitled to have personal data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to erasure: You can request the deletion or removal of your personal data where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing.
- The right to restrict processing: You have the right to suppress processing of personal data.
- The right to data portability: This allows you to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes across different services.
- The right to objection: You have the right to object to
- Processing based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority,
- Direct marketing and,
- Processing for purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics.
We will do our best to resolve any issue you might have related to our processing of your data. However, if you are not satisfied with our answers or actions, you may always turn to your national data protection authority.