Is cloud computing only for huge players who can afford to spend a lot building up a cloud infrastructure? For a while it was true, as cloud computing was new and vendors were still testing the waters. But the truth is that there are a lot of solutions now being aimed at small businesses, allowing them to improve processes and cut costs.
Here is what small businesses can gain through cloud computing:
- Cost reduction: This is single most important benefit working in the cloud’s favor. Many small companies are reporting huge savings in their day-to-day IT solutions. The cloud makes it possible to enjoy better software at a very low cost.
- Staying mobile: With cloud computing, businesses are able to carry not only their emails and documents, but also entire applications for all of their functions. This becomes very convenient if you want to access a report or manage something while on a business tour.
- Better account management: Every small-business owner knows the trouble involved in managing invoices and receivables. Thanks to cloud computing, there are many low-cost (and even free) solutions available that can make the whole process very simple.
- Better backups: Taking backup of important business documents is essential, but traditional backup is tedious and costly. With cloud backup, this can now be done in a matter of minutes, and restoring data can happen at the click of a button.
- Better communication: Hosted VoIP and email services make it possible to consolidate all your communication in a single place. It also means you stay updated with the latest in useful products like anti-spam technology.
Cloud computing is quickly becoming popular with small businesses. No matter what your domain, your business can only benefit by making the switch.