Some challenges that we have seen clients persistently face, post an ERP implementation on the cloud, include resistance to using a new system, allowing inappropriate resources to handle the system, lack of a change management policy, over inadequate customization, poor planning and time management, lack of adequate participation from the top management, and excessive expectations.
There are several factors that an organization can take into consideration for optimizing its ERP deployments:
- Regular measurement is critical for the success of an ERP optimum utilization effort. Companies need to categorize and institute performance measurement practices, which will show, precisely, how things are operating. Organizations should shift their focus from investment on ERP to the Return on Investment (ROI) it provides.
- Like any large-scale initiative, an ERP implementation requires extensive involvement of executives. Communication from senior management pertaining to vision, strategy and opportunities for business transformation, as well as tangible and intangible ROI expected from ERP applications, is critical for the success of any ERP initiative.
- To ensure widespread adoption of ERP across the organization, it is essential to involve both the business and IT professionals throughout process and implementation. They should be more comfortable with the application and workflow post implementation.
- Organizations often tend to give less importance to process reengineering during ERP implementations. The prime focus of business transformation should be process optimization and tailoring the functionality to the organizational vision.
- ERP implementations deliver greater ROI over time when scalability of the application and process & function integration aspects, which impact business performance, is kept in mind. The application should feature a robust technical architecture, effective data management practices and a strong business intelligence structure that is aligned with the current business landscape and considers future business expansion initiatives.
To know more about the ERP solutions offered by Ramco Systems, visit www.ramco.com